Teachers will learn how to implement research-based strategies, identify and use high quality texts, and align teaching to the Common Core standards, while being mindful of the needs of very young students. As an important element, we also build the capacity of your early literacy teacher leaders to sustain this work.
Teaching Matters' early literacy coaches provide teachers with targeted support in effectively planning and executing the components of the reading block, frequently assessing students, and engaging in collaborative inquiry.
- Improved student reading levels
- Research-based, effective early literacy instruction (QR 1.2)
- High-functioning teams engaged in collaborative inquiry practices (QR 4.2)
- A workshop on leading school change in early reading instruction
- Mentoring in using trackable “look-fors” to support effective early reading instruction
- Data analysis and reporting on progress to support the school-wide data team
- Final impact report
Teacher Leaders Get:
- Early Literacy Institute
- Leading Teacher Teams institute
- School-based early literacy workshops
- Access to Early Reading Matters Toolkit
- Job-embedded coaching from an early literacy coach
- An easy-to-use student progress tracker